Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)'s Reviews > Hideaway

Hideaway by Penelope Douglas

liked it

This review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews.
I'm not one to read dark erotic novels, but ever since I read Corrupted by Penelope Douglas, I knew I had to have Hideaway! Unfortunately for me, it didn't have that thrilling, heart-racing feel like its predecessor.

Banks and Kai have a history going back to six years. Ever since they met, Banks never left Kai's mind, even when she would wear boy clothes to hide away from any unwanted attention. But she caught Kai's attention and he threatens everything in her life.

Despite the history, I couldn't really get hooked on the romance. Sometimes it felt forced and others, I couldn't care for anything happening. The sex scenes were pretty great and Banks' attitude always had me rooting for her. Sadly, though, I wasn't sold on their story. I kept waiting for that thrill sensation I got from Corrupt, but never got anything out of it.

BUT! Yes, there's a big BUT! Even though I despised Damon in the first book and this one, I am still so very intrigued, especially after all the details revealed in this book! I was going crazy, wanting to know more about him and the few that I got, it was delivered greatly! Plus, his book is the next one on the series!!! And the little snippet the reader gets of the book, has me shivering in delight over what's to come! *squeals*This review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hideaway.

November 17, 2016 – Shelved