cosmogirl7481's Reviews > Midnight Awakening

Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian

Hands down my favorite book of the series so far.

From the moment we met Tegan in book one, I knew I was going to love him…eventually. I didn’t know when…and I wasn’t sure how…I just knew I would. There’s something about a bad boy. Especially a bad boy among bad boys.

When he had his first encounter with the lovely yet quiet and mourning Elise in book two, I found the possible pairing of them interesting. I wasn’t knocked over by it because quite honestly, I wasn’t completely won over by her. I like strong female leads. She didn’t come off as strong to me. I didn’t really see her as weak, but I didn’t really see her as fiery either.

Well, I was wrong. I couldn’t have been more wrong, actually.

Elise is fucking fierce.

F-I-E-R-C-E, honey.

We see just how strong she is from the get-go. And let me just say, as much as Tegan owned my ass, Elise may have owned me even more. As my good friend, Courtney, said: I want Elise to be my breedmate.

And yeah…I sure the hell do.

What I loved most about this story was that it was different. It wasn’t the vampire finding the human woman, falling in love and being scared to tell her what he is for fear that she’ll run. Elise knows what Tegan is. She has been a part of this world almost her entire life. Albeit in the safety of the Darkhavens.

This was about two people who have both loved and lost…and are scared to open themselves up to the possibility of finding that kid of love with someone else. But man…they totally find it. And they build-up to their realization is fucking gold for the reader. UST that is off the chart. And when it finally happens for them, you can feel the heat from the page.

And I love a dirty-talker. Tegan made me weak with his dirty talk.

Favorite dialogue of the book: “Yeah? You wanna drink from me while I make you come?”

*dies right now*

Loved this book.

Now, go…read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Awakening.

July 2, 2011 – Shelved
July 6, 2011 – Started Reading
July 6, 2011 –
page 1
0.25% "Dear Teagan, looking forward falling in love with you. And also...looking forward to your cock."
July 6, 2011 –
5.0% "I am fascinated by the fact that Tegan didn't seem to have this visceral moment of attraction with Elise... Esp since Lucan and Dante were both that way. Maybe it's because both of them have been mated before."
July 7, 2011 –
18.0% "So, I am all kinds of loving this so far. Seriously. I love the fierce yet fragile Elise. And I love that Tegan is like her is so many ways."
July 7, 2011 –
30.0% "Ummm... pool time with Tegan is fucking win. Especially when he wants to go deep with you. J/S"
July 7, 2011 –
42.0% "OMG. Men are so fucking stupid. And blind. And absolutely ridiculous." (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
July 7, 2011 –
50.0% "While I am really enjoying the book so far, I must comment on the fact that I am 50% in and there is still no hot vamp fucking. The cock was almost out..,but he kept it in his pants. I mean seriously...Tegan needs to get laid. What's it been? Like 800 years? I wonder if the dermaglyphs closest to his balls are blue." (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
July 8, 2011 –
63.0% "I don't think this situation can possibly end well. And what the fuck is with all these men running away the moment they come? "I'm sorry. I think I love you and I want to drink your blood. Oh, and BTW, my dick is still ridiculously hard and I'm pretty sure I want fuck you again...but no. I'm gonna run away like a pussy." Men are assholes. Even when they're not assholes." (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
July 8, 2011 –
70.0% "Dear book I'm reading, I suck at riddles. Truly. I feel like a leprechaun is talking to me...and I always think the answer is "Rumpelstiltskin." And I'm almost never right."
July 8, 2011 –
80.0% "Annnnddd...what do you know? Tegan is so the man who's able to just use is fucking words. It's a beautiful thing. Like his cock."
July 8, 2011 –
83.0% "Holy shit. No way I would have ever figured that out. I was confused just reading the explanation of it."
91.0% "*bites nails*"
July 8, 2011 –
100.0% "JFC. I love Tegan."
July 8, 2011 – Finished Reading