Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Issued to the Bride: One Navy SEAL

Issued to the Bride by Cora Seton

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-paige

Paige's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This story focuses around Cass and Brian but being the first in a series, the author does a good job introducing the characters that will be involved in this series. The reader is given a outline of what we can expect in the next books.

Cass has had to shoulder most of the responsibility at Two Willows, Ranch since their mother's death and their fathers abandonment. She loves her sisters but is struggling with them, their relationships and dailey life. Due to her mother's forsyth and his friends (spies) in the area, her father realizes this and puts together a plan for his family.

Brian is called upon by the General and makes his way to Two Willows. In the beginning, he knows something more is going on this ranch but the Reed sister's don't trust easily. With his charm and perseverance, he manages to break down their walls one by one.

Cass and Brian had a bit of instant love that I didn't feel but I liked that this couple was willing to work with the other, share their hopes, fears and trying to make their relationship work. Their love and commitment grew .

I liked the drama and suspense that the author created. It kept the story interesting without creating made up drama and angst between the Cass and Brian. I also liked the wishing stone, the hedge maze and the magical world that was created.

I'm definitely looking forward to read more about the Reed sister's and the men who love them.

ARC provided without expectations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Issued to the Bride.

Started Reading