Katherine Owen's Reviews > Faking It

5419924
Jul 02, 2011

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read in July, 2011

This book kept coming up on my radar as I was researching my own books on Amazon.com. I bought a copy and then promptly forgot I had it! Then, yesterday, I was doing research online for my own novel, SEEING JULIA, and FAKING IT came up again because of the publicity for Elisa Lorello's new one, ORDINARY WORLD.

Elisa Lorello is a prolific writer, deft at first person, and effectual at drawing readers in to the amazing world of NYC, art, and literature. Her word usage is extraordinary. The description of time, place, and works of art is amazing. The story is charming and heartbreaking at the same time. The book draws you in and you have to keep reading to find out how things turn out for the heroine, Andi, and the hero, Devin.

Since I discovered Elisa Lorello "late" with her next novel, ORDINARY WORLD, as a follow-up to FAKING IT coming out, I stayed up until two in the morning to read one novel right after the other. What a treat! If you enjoy contemporary fiction, the world of literature and art, and two characters trying to find their way in a chaotic world, you'll love FAKING IT. And, the follow-up novel, ORDINARY WORLD.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faking It.