Ni_kii's Reviews > Roped

Roped by Eliza Gayle

Jul 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: erotica, dreamy-men, bdsm, short-read, steamy, menage

** spoiler alert ** Done as part of a series review at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot.com

Katie has lusted over the fantastically Dominant Leo and Quinn ever since she entered club purgatory. The riggers are rope masters, and scores of subs are lining up to have the art of Shibari tried out on their bodies. Katie has always been too shy to approach them, instead watching them practice their craft from afar. It seems that they have different ideas, and one night they approach her and offer her hearts desires. Going home with the Dom’s who like to share everything is a slightly terrifying proposition, but her body is unwilling to let her pass up the opportunity. Will the night be everything that she dreamed?

I love books that feature Shibari. I don’t know why it fascinates me, but it does. This very short read doesn’t disappoint on the steam factor. Two hot men who like rope and like to share (and aren’t related -big plus!), colour me hooked :D I loved the fact that they enjoyed their kink so much that they had a cupboard full of unique, custom-made ropes; the fact that they had already made her one was SWOONWORTHY! Katie didn’t do much for me, as we didn’t really see her evolve over this story, I still believe that she is a self-conscious woman who lets her doubts rule her heart; I don’t mind characters that start like that but I like to see change! The Doms were fab, but again the read was too short to get anything other than a first impression.

Big downfall was the end. I’m not going to spoil it, but I would like you all to know that I am choosing to believe the story ends a page before it actually does. A good, hot start to the series that is spoiled only by the last two paragraphs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roped.