Joseph's Reviews > The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth

The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn

Jul 02, 2011

bookshelves: the-mass, catholic

This book was very good and I would recommend it to folks who have just "become Catholic" or are in the initial phases of reading about the Mass. I read this after reading several other books about the Mass, two of which were written by Pope Benedict. That being the case, this book was written more for those with little background in understanding the Mass or its relation to the Bible, especially Revelation.

I would definitely put it on my list of must reads though. Even if it is written at a basic/intro level, it is still worth reading. Hahn always presents things in a straightforward and simple way, that it makes for an easy read as well as making the topic easily digestible and at the same time broadly relevant to all who read him.

Overall I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to begin the journey of reading and learning about what the Mass truly is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lamb's Supper.

July 2, 2011 – Started Reading
July 2, 2011 – Shelved
July 2, 2011 –
page 92
July 25, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 5, 2011 – Shelved as: the-mass
August 5, 2011 – Shelved as: catholic

Joseph So far this book is good, very easy to read and almost a primer for those beginning a study of the "drama" behind the Liturgy - the Mass.