Poulami's Reviews > Cursing Fate

Cursing Fate by Brenda Drake

25272029

bookshelves: paranormal-fantasy-young-adult, romance

Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was so much more fun and enjoyable than the first book in The Fated series. So much went down in this book and I was engaged throughout the whole book.

Iris is one of the twins in the Layne family, she had feelings for her best friend Wade for a long time now, when she finally confessed things got messed up because of Aster, her elder sister's new found powers as a fate changer which resulted in Iris breaking up with Wade. But now, she wants him back but Wade doesn't trust her anymore and she can't reveal the family secret either. When accidentally Iris unleashes an evil curse, things start spinning out of control. Will Iris be able to stop the spirit in time to save herself?

The plot was quite interesting. I loved the twists and turn of this book. Unlike Aster, Iris is not a fate changer but when she stumbles upon her sister's tarot cards she unknowingly frees the cursed spirit which has hunted the Van Buren bloodline for decades and now it's hungry for more revenge. The plot hooked me from the start and it was pretty interesting to see how the spirit took control over Iris and how she tried to resist. It was pretty hard to put this book down!

In the first book, we had a few glimpses of Iris but I didn't like her that much but in this book where I really got to know the real Iris, I could connect with her. Wade was a sweetheart, he was caring and sweet and always came to Iris's rescue when she needed him even after the betrayal (which was not actually a betrayal since it was out of Iris's hand!) Nonetheless, I loved Wade and Iris together, they were meant for each other!

I loved Iris's realtionship with her twin Violet and how she wanted to be a better person like her sister. Not only that, I loved the relationship with all her friends and how they were equally involved in saving Iris despite knowing about the risks!

Overall, Cursing Fate was a great read. I loved how the plot was executed and the characters were well fleshed out. The romance between Wade and Iris was sweet and I loved them! The writing was beautiful and the pace was even throughout the book. This was a pretty fun ride and I loved it soo much!

Recommend it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cursing Fate.

November 15, 2016 – Started Reading