Olga therebelreader's Reviews > The Ghostwriter

The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre

A good read is a story you can't put down once you start, and makes you glad for the time you spent consuming it. It can provoke you to tears, it can shock you, it can make you feel strong emotions.

The Ghostwriter is a good read! It has a unique plot with one twist after another. It was hard to read some parts because their pain was real and gut wrenching. This story hits all the points required to warrant 5 stars.

Helena, a famous young author, has a grave illness and does not have much time to live. Her final wish before she dies is to write a book confessing deep dark secrets from her past. Obviously it is a difficult topic but the author somehow created a story I wanted to read and not put down. The characters are well established and this makes the story realistic and believable. I felt that the book captured Helena's emotions well. She's very selfish at times, but then I suppose in this situation who wouldn't be at some point?

I can't reveal special spoilers but this book takes a twist that it melted my heart, I felt everything with Helena. The ending was infinitely painful and heart-breaking. Books hardly ever make me actually that emotional so this was special. Just read it!

In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 0/5 | Romance 0/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 3/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 5/5 | Twists 5/5 | Pacing Fast | Action 3/5

photo 18009131_816557981827901_1142461593_n_zpso3xlzmkr.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghostwriter.

November 15, 2016 – Shelved
September 29, 2017 – Shelved as: tears
September 30, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-cc-final-review
September 30, 2017 – Shelved as: fiction
September 30, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Great review, love!!

Olga therebelreader Katerina wrote: "Great review, love!!"

message 3: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Awesome review ;) xoxo

Olga therebelreader Wendy wrote: "Awesome review ;) xoxo"

Thanks, Wendy!

Sophie's Reading Corner Excellent review, Olga!!

Olga therebelreader Sophie wrote: "Excellent review, Olga!!"

Thanks, my lovely ❤

message 7: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Awesome review, Olga! Glad you enjoyed! ;D

Olga therebelreader CC wrote: "Awesome review, Olga! Glad you enjoyed! ;D"

Thanks, love, so glad you liked it, too!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lovely review Olga! xox

message 10: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Great review darling! I loved this one as well!