Paul O'Neill's Reviews > The Tommyknockers

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

Late last night and the night before, tommyknockers tommyknockers knocking at your door

I can make a couple of guesses to explain why this book only has a rating of 3.46, which it doesn't deserve. I thought it was great. Interesting and very different to Kings usual books. That being said, all the elements of a King book are here, great characters, unusual story and great dialogue.

I've read a few reviews saying that the ending is rubbish. I don't agree with this and there are definitely worse King endings out there *cough*Under the dome*cough cough*.

It is a bit long in the tooth but I don't think that can be helped. It does suffer a bit in the middle whilst King builds the blocks for latter stages in the book, so I can see people switching off, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Above all, this is a King fanboy book, the references to his other works (if you've read a lot of King) make this book worth reading.

Another solid story from the King of Kings :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tommyknockers.

November 14, 2016 – Started Reading
November 14, 2016 – Shelved
November 15, 2016 –
November 16, 2016 –
November 16, 2016 –
November 17, 2016 –
38.0% "Ominous as a triffid."
November 17, 2016 –
November 18, 2016 –
50.0% "Having a bit of a King universe-gasm. Pennywise? Dead Zone?"
November 18, 2016 –
52.0% "And now Pet Semetary... gasm!! \n\nAnd does most of Kings otherwordly beings come from Altair 4??"
November 20, 2016 –
November 21, 2016 –
November 22, 2016 –
November 22, 2016 –
78.0% "Heeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeee'ssss Gardner....."
November 23, 2016 –
November 24, 2016 –
November 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Bradley Yes! Glad to see another Non-Hater! :) I think it's rather special. I want that typewriter. :) Not the headaches, tho. :)

Paul O'Neill Ha, indeed!

Belynda Reidda I agree although I still had difficulty getting through GH it. I'm currently on NY fifth reread. I refuse to give up especially now that I in ow the jack guard talks to on the beach is jack from the talisman and black house. His worst book to me is dreamcatcher. I mean seriously. Aliens coming out of peoples butt too ludicrous