The Book Junkie Reads . . .'s Reviews > Uprising

Uprising by Jessica Therrien

Myth and fantasy come together in this telling of the children of Greek gods and the lengths they will go through to free other like themselves. Elyse had returned and she wants her friends freed. This act required more action, drama, suspense, and added intrigue with the twist and turns through in.

There are a host of old and new character to fall in love with. A romance to follow and see where it goes if anywhere. The plot moves along at a good clip. The intrigue of the powers of each child of the gods was alluring. It captivated me to look further and see more. The misdeeds and secrets of the Council.

I got further wrapped in the plots and conspiracies of the gods. I found that Elyse and her cast of friends and acquaintances were in for much more than they initial were prepared for. The revelations gave meaning to actions. The twist and the turns may just pull a few heart strings. The balance makes things from the first book seem more as a prelude to the coming actions. I am very interested in the next addition to the fast pace fantasy on mythology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uprising.

October 26, 2016 – Started Reading