James's Reviews > A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities

A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities by Barbara Venkataraman

bookshelves: 3-multi-book-series, 1-fiction, 8-authors-i-know, 7-arc-giveaway-won

Barbara Venkataraman's "A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities" is an amusing collection of short tales that leave you with a breath of fresh, much-needed laughter. This is the second of her "Quirky Essays for Quirky People" collection, and a must-read for anyone looking to really connect with an author's writing style. I've read several of her books at this point, and these little stories clearly offer a candid look into the author's life, imagination and ability to create characters. While I don't know how much of them are really about her, I will say that she calls herself out a few times which leads me to believe it's 100% Barbara... and that works for me. From sisterly bonding, to a poor suffering Dad who just wants his family to tell him he did a good job, these stories ranging for 1 page to 5 pages are cute insights into all of our lives. My only question is "did this all happen to the same person?" and oh, well, then my second question (just deal with it, I meant 2 questions)... is this really Barbara because if so, I want to meet her.

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews... here's the scoop: I read A LOT. I write A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you'll also find TV & Film reviews, the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge and lots of blogging about places I've visited all over the world. And you can find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities.

November 13, 2016 – Started Reading
November 13, 2016 – Shelved
November 13, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 3-multi-book-series
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 1-fiction
December 10, 2017 – Shelved as: 8-authors-i-know
December 10, 2017 – Shelved as: 7-arc-giveaway-won

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Sounds fun. Nice, James.

James Thx!

message 3: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Hutchinson I love books that turn everyday things into laughable "calamities"....I will be looking for this book. Thanks for the review, James.

James You are welcome! Hope you enjoy.