✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰ 's Reviews > Mister Moneybags

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

description

Bianca and Dex met in an elevator.
After this very adorable, funny and sizzling encounter they both don't want to say goodbye yet, and they spend a beautiful day together.
But of course Dex kind of lied to her - by saying his name was Jay. And that he's a bike messenger.
It was a stupid spur-of-the-moment lie, because Bianca was on her way to interview the real Dex. And after what she said about Dex in that elevator, poor Dex just couldn't reveal his identity.

This whole thing might have ended happily ever after once Dex/Jay told Bianca the truth.
But idiot Dex decided it's a good idea to start emailing Bianca, to get the interview done without having to meet her!

And now poor Bianca is falling in love with two guys!
And none of them will probably be her Happily Ever After guy, because if there's one thing she hates more than anything - it's a LIAR!

But don't worry - it won't take her until the 99% mark to find out the truth!
Because the little Dex/Jay lie might seem like nothing the further into the story we go...

What else will happen to Bianca & Dex/Jay?
Will there be a HEA?
READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT ☺

═══════════════════════

description

This was such a fun & serious romance.

I soooo want to see Bianca & Dex on tv one day!
I first thought - meh. This lying/pretending to be someone else thing has been romance-novelled a million times before! Also, I hate love triangles! It's not really a triangle when the two guys are one and the same, but yeah, it kinda is. And I hate those. That's why it wasn't really my kind of blurb. And the farther into the lying poor Dex got, the more I wanted to jump into the book and grrrrr.... slap some sense into him!

description

He should've told her the truth much sooner!
The reader just hopes that once the truth is revealed, we will still have a chance for a happy end. I loved that the lie doesn't drag on all through the book, we get rid of it around the 40% mark - which doesn't mean we'll have our happy end at that point too! There are even worse problems in store for our darlings!

What made me read the book in the beginning, even though I kinda hated the blurb, is a pretty stupid reason, but I LOVED the name of the heroine. ☺ With the name Bianca, it's not very often that you get a book heroine named after you! ♥ I loved that Bianca is called Bianca. Even though she looks nothing like me. She's a greek goddess and I'm a german whitebread. ☺

BUT - after complaining about the story, and after being happy about a name.... I also have to say that I really loved reading the story!

Dex is so adorable! In both his Dex and Jay personas.
And the sparks are flying like crazy whenever they're in the same room or chat room.
I loved their banter, their flirting, everything they did.
I loved the dog moments - just adorable!

My favorite paragraph in the beginning of the book - which explains a lot ☺ ...

Great. Just fucking great. After I rode my bicycle back to my multi-million dollar company, I was going to have to learn how to whittle.

Poor Dex. He knows he shouldn't have lied. But now he just can't get out of it anymore. He's too afraid to lose Bianca. He has to make her fall in love with him, so that there's a tiny little chance she might not kill him once the truth comes out!
And once the truth is out, he will have to fight with everything he is and has to get the girl of his dreams. But that will be so much easier than surviving what else is coming for them!

If I had to name some things I didn't like? Yeah...the sexiness was missing for me. No, there was sexiness. Romantic, sizzling, sexy moments. But the real sex doesn't happen until ... you don't even want to know. It wasn't all that bad, because there was so much other stuff, but I missed it.
The other thing I didn't like... the stuff that pops up after the first lie is cleared up. Some of it was ok, but then it just got ridiculous in my opinion. It was a bit much. I still loved the story, and it was exciting and interesting, but a tiny bit too ... over-the-top.
... BUT still ....

#MisterMoneybags was such an adorably funny & sexy & exciting Love-Triangle Romance with only two people! Is that called a Love-Duangle? Probably not.☺ Run to your nearest amazon for your own Dex/Jay - this one/those two is/are MINE!!!! ☺☺☺

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Moneybags.

November 13, 2016 – Shelved