Melanie's Reviews > The Ordinary Princess

The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye

Jun 30, 2011

All across the Kingdom, excitement is running high: a seventh princess, always the luckiest and most beautiful of all, has just been born to good King Huldebrand and Her Majestry Queen Rodehesia. When the christening day arrives, Her Serene and Royal Highness Princess Amethyst Alexandra Augusta Araminta Adelaide Aurelia Anne is showered with the extravagant, marvelous presents imaginable--until her last, most powerful fairy godmother proclaims, "You shall be Ordinary!"

And so she is. Princess Amy looks so ordinary, so unprincesslike, that no prince can be found to marry her. The King and Queen are desperate. But Amy knows that she doesn't want to be wed to a royal stranger, and runs away from home, embarking on a most extraordinary adventure for the Ordinary Princess!

This is a fun, short read! The Ordinary Princess takes control of her life, isn't afraid to work hard, doesn't put herself above others and is absolutely delightful! I'm excited to share this book with my daughter--I know she'll love it, too. One of my favorite quotes: "True, the splendid jewels and brocades of the kings and princes and barons were quite out of place on her homely little person, but the fairy gifts had been very useful, for though she was ordinary, she possessed health, wit, courage, charm and cheerfulness. But because she was not beautiful, no one ever seemed to notice these other qualities, which is so often the way of the world. Not that it ever worried the Ordinary Princess."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ordinary Princess.