Vanessa Dougherty's Reviews > The Gift of Fury

The Gift of Fury by Richard  Jackson

Jun 30, 2011

Read in November, 2010

I need to defend this story. Unlike others, i didnt care about the typos after I got into the story. While I was reading it, I actually thought the typos were funny. It made me laugh to see the humanity in the author, making mistakes that I know I very well would have. But thats the great thing about amazon and ebooks. They give everyone who has a passion for writing a place to share their work. There are so many amazing stories that publishers turned down that i thought were excellent. Jack kilborn is one. His stories were rejected by publishers as being too gruesome. They wanted him to dull down his writing and this compromised the integrity of the story he was imagining. When I finished reading the gift of fury, I smiled. It was completely original. And I hadn't wanted it to end. Books like these are hard to find. The ones where the characters and world are so real, you feel as if you are a part of it. Jackson created an alternate reality that while I was reading, I was living in. These are the books that I look for. The ones that after I read i'm so glad I found. I can't wait to follow Count on more adventures and delve deeper into his world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gift of Fury.

07/04/2014 marked as: currently-reading