Danielle's Reviews > Potty

Potty by Leslie Patricelli

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-favorites, books-i-own, childrens, for-review, littlebug, turkeybird
Read in February, 2011

When to ditch the diaper? Only a toddler knows when the time is right, but when the time gets close Potty will be there to encourage our young future potty users along. Go along with Baby as he discovers what it means to go on the potty instead of outside like a dog or in a litter box like a kitty, but on the potty like a big kid. From potty time with book in hand and kitty and doggie napping at his feet all the way to Baby’s first pair of underpants. Show your toddler just what it means to lose the diaper and make time for the potty.

You name it, we’ve tried it. Two different potty’s, treats, cheerios, m & m’s, stickers, many many books, and more. Nearly every trick you can think of to get our dear sweet Turkeybird onto the potty and out of the diaper, but no way. That is, until his little sister picked up this book and took matters into her own hands. Littlebug adores this book, and so do I.

In classic Leslie Patricelli form with bold illustrations and a funny story kiddos are introduced to a new world of possibility on their terms. Which is exactly what Littlebug loves about this book. She’s recently been on a ‘me do it!’ kick. No more mom stepping in to help with anything, she wants to do it all herself. And I’m actually torn by this. In some ways it’s a bit more difficult and takes more time, but in a few weeks I know our world will be completely different and quite possibly much better. And the best thing about all of this is that big brother has taken note and doesn’t want to be left behind. So, I’m currently the momma of two potty-training toddlers. Crazy! I blame much of that on this extremely fantastic book!

With bright colors, a cute character and a very funny story little ones learn that there is a better way than pooping in a diaper. There’s the Potty! Not only, no more diapers, but big kid underpants with all sorts of fun pictures on them. This is the perfect book for toddlers and even those tough-to-train kiddos. By showing what can sometimes be a whole lot of waiting, but a very ‘big kid’ thing to do, toddlers soon realize this may be something worth trying out. Without a doubt this would be my first recommendation when it comes to potty training books for kiddos. A fun story with a great way to teach little ones basics!

Originally reviewed & copyrighted on my site, There's A Book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Potty.