Vicky's Reviews > Bodyguards in Bed

Bodyguards in Bed by Lucy Monroe

Jun 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: erotic-romance

** spoiler alert ** Hot. Hot. Hot. This anthology of three stories by three different authors is all about sex. Period. Nothing wrong with that, but be forewarned that they are erotic in nature and not for the under 18 crowd. All three are about bodyguards and the people they're supposed to protect, not get involved with.

The first story, "Who's been sleeping in my brother's bed?" by Lucy Monroe, is about a brainiac and her brother's friend, who just happens to be a bodyguard who also works for her brother. He has issues about going to bed with the "little sister". At least they have a relationship of sorts before they get down and dirty. The story line is a little hard to believe, but it's still enjoyable. The heroine is strong minded, knows what she wants and goes after it.

The second story, "Hot Mess" by Jamie Denton, is a little less believable. Thinking he's a whistleblower she's supposed to meet, she picks him up at the airport, doesn't make sure he is who he says, and takes him off to a hotel. Next thing you know, they're doing the hot and heavy. I think this story would have been better if it had been longer, allowing a relationship to develop. But it reads more like short scenes spliced together. Other than the sex, there's not much here. The heroine is a ditz, the hero a liar (okay, he was following orders, but still...)and there doesn't seem to be a real story line to follow.

The third story, "Acapulco Heat" by Elisabeth Naughton is also about the sex, but there's more of a story line here. At least this body guard is protecting the woman. Yes, there's sex, but there's also a story.

I guess what I had an issue with was not so much the sex - after all, it is supposed to be erotic, but that I actually like story with the bedroom scenes. And I prefer the participants to at least know each other's names before they jump into bed.

If all you're looking for is a hot read, then definitely pick this up. It's very good for that. The erotic scenes are hot, heavy, and well-done. They're short stories good for a quick read in the sun - or under the covers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bodyguards in Bed.