Phillip's Reviews > Armageddon Sky

Armageddon Sky by L.A. Graf

it was ok

Even though DS9 is not my favorite series, one of its trademarks is its low amount of so-called "technobabble." If only this book embraced that. I would say this is overall an interesting Klingon story - and works well in the Klingon-Cardassian War timeframe - but it gets bogged down in environmental descriptive narratives, a new species it barely scratched the surface on, three groups of Klingons that we don't get to spend that much time because there is so many of them. I think this book just has so many things going on that it suffers from not focusing on just one or two things. I would rather have 2 pages of characters speaking or thinking than 2 pages of describing an animal or a particular setting. This story does do a good job of exploring the Klingon concept of honor (hence being included in the Day of Honor series), but wish it had spent more time doing it than all these other things. If you're a Klingon fan, I would recommend it. Otherwise, there are other good DS9 or general Trek stories out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armageddon Sky.

November 10, 2016 – Started Reading