Darlene's Reviews > Loom Knitting Comfort Dolls

Loom Knitting Comfort Dolls by Denise M Canela

These cute little guys and the tiny dolls also by Denise M Canela are the reason I haven't gotten very little of anything else done in my life.

This is November! That means NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. By now I should be almost finished with my novel for this year. But I'm only a third of the way into it.

These dolls are so much fun! And I keep thinking about the recipients, be they tiny little kids or adults who just need comfort, and I hope these little guys will do the trick. In case you're curious as to my little guys: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Darra... these are just a few I'll be adding more as I finish up. I seem to have several projects going at the same time: a hat and two or three dolls. I try to make a little kid hat with each of the dolls I don't know if they're going to end up that way but it seems to me a nice thing to give the kid who might get the doll a little hat or maybe big sibling gets the doll or hat, or maybe they go to both to a newborn baby or something. By having the dolls and the hats in different stages, my hands don't get tired doing the same thing over and over. And I'm not fond of sewing. But so happy with the results when I'm finished!

About the book, I read this and the tiny doll book and I couldn't seem to get it right just by following the book. Luckily, Denise has videos attached in YouTube that you can watch. I watch them over and over and finally took the book, made notes from the book so that I'd have one piece of paper to look at and wouldn't have to turn on something electronic just to recall the steps and how many stitches. And now I think I'm at the point where I don't need to look at anything to remember how to make them. I don't think I can blame the book. I blame me. I just have a hard time with written instructions and I do so much better when somebody shows me how to do it. So may I suggest that you get the books, read through, watch the YouTubes, and enjoy making the dolls!

Thank you, Denise M Canela, for all your books and instructions to making fun things for charity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loom Knitting Comfort Dolls.

November 10, 2016 – Started Reading
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle-books-i-own
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: loom-knitting
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: cancer

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Yvensong (new)

Yvensong OMG! You're little dolls that you've made are adorable!