Michael's Reviews > Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Meg Meeker

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction, family
Recommended to Michael by: Matt Shill
Recommended for: Anyone with Daughters, Especially Fathers

Without a doubt, one of the best books I have read that has already begun to help me as a father of daughters. Meeker did a fantastic job of clarifying the differences of mothers vs. fathers and why fathers are so important in the lives of their daughters. Obviously while our daughters are young, they are impressionable, but it is at all years of their lives that we as fathers can and will have an affect on them.

I thoroughly enjoyed the statistics that were included, even if they were beyond scary. I want to hope that these numbers are a little off due to the location in which I live and the predominant religion that we are surrounded with, but I know that is when one truly gets duped. No matter where we are, young ladies are affected by their surroundings and a father can have a great influence in making sure their daughter is safe!

I checked this book out at the library, but have realized I need to purchase it. There are many parts of this book in which I would like to write things down in the margin so that I can remind myself of things I need to do.

This book's title may speak directly to fathers, but I think that a mother might find this informative as well, especially to help out fathers in their quest to succeed as fathers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters.