Rachel's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

I first read this book in 2007, and I remember that I really loved it but couldn’t quite remember any details. Therefore, I’ve been meaning to reread it for a while now but just never got around to it. Finally, after reading Murder on the Orient Express, I decided to stick with reading Christie’s books and pick up And Then There Were None. I loved this story just as much as I did the first time I read it ten years ago. It was full of suspense, a unique cast of characters, and plenty of plot twists.

One of the most unique things about the book to me was that all of the characters were all pretty terrible people. There was no hero or detective that the reader could root for or trust — it’s all told from the various points of view of the ten people in the house (except for a small bit at the end). This created a really unique narration because all of the narrators were extremely unreliable.

There were a few elements of the story that were really a bit too convenient and were clearly there just to tie everything together perfectly, but it didn’t really bother me too much because that’s kind of what you pay for with this type of classic murder mystery.

Overall, I found this to be a quick, enjoyable read that was full of good old fashioned murder, intrigue, and quite a bit of humor, and I highly recommend it (I’m still trying to get my husband to quit playing video games and read it). Honestly, I have really enjoyed both of Agatha Christie’s mysteries that I’ve read so far and I’m excited to read more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

November 9, 2016 – Shelved