Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)'s Reviews > Worth the Wait

Worth the Wait by A.J. Pine

bookshelves: arc, 5-stars, best-of-2017

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

Holy Crap. I have enjoyed every book in this series, but this one is my absolute favorite. Jeremy is AMAZING and I love him. I even started using #Jeremyisbae to express how much I love him.

Jeremy meets Grace when he is away at a weekend conference. After sitting in a comfortable chair all day, his back starts to bother him. He makes an appointment for a massage and Grace is his masseuse. The two are immediately attracted to each other, but Jeremy is a client so he is totally off limits. Later that night they run into each other at the hotel bar and Grace ends up walking Jeremy back to his room. They part ways thinking they will never see each other again, but fate intervenes and they find themselves in the sample place at the same time more than once.

Grace is on a six month life cleanse and included in that cleanse is men. She's made some bad choices in the past and wants to change her ways. Through some bad luck her cleanse ends up on the news and Grace finds herself thrust into the reality television/social media world. She has three months left of the cleanse and during that time she will meet various men and document the dates on social media. At the end of the three months she will kiss one of them on live television, ending her cleanse and also getting a nice prize of $25k. Sounds pretty simple, right?

Well of course it's not. Grace is holding on to some pretty serious secrets after her awful ex stole all of her savings. She can't expose him because he knows things that will put her whole family at risk so she see this as a way to get back on her feet. Then there is Jeremy. The two of them become friends and he even proposes that he helps her out with this whole dating thing. But they are both holding on to some feelings that just make the situation so complicated. Eventually Jeremy just throws his hat in the ring, telling her he wants to be the one she kisses on live television, with the hopes that she wants that.

“Christ, Grace. If you don’t want me on your list of suitors, just put me out of my fucking misery so I can get on with the status quo. But if there’s any part of you that—”

She reached across the table and grabbed his hand. “Wait!” she finally said, her palm icy cold against his heated flesh.

“You’re freezing,” he said.

Her cheeks flushed, and she shook her head.

“Nervous.”

He smiled and raised a brow. “I make you nervous?”

She let out a shaky laugh.“You make me…lots of things.”

Her hand still rested on his, the heat between them mingling so that she didn’t feel so cold anymore.

“Like what?” he asked.

“You want a list?”

He nodded. “I really do.”

She let out a long breath. “Okay. Yes. You make me nervous. But you also make me smile.”

This made him smile even broader. “Right back at ya.”

She looked down at their touching hands and then back into his eyes. “You make me warmer.”

He laughed.

“And drier,” she added. “Thanks to my new umbrella.” But then her smile faltered a little, and she squeezed his hand. “You make me feel safer than I’ve felt in a long time. Is that weird to say after meeting such a short time ago? I just get this feeling that I can trust you. That you wouldn’t do to me what…”

She trailed off and was quiet for a second. Jeremy flipped his hand over so he could squeeze hers back. Fuck protocol, if there even was one for this situation.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the next few months,” he said. “But I can tell you one thing. As your friend, as whatever I might be when it comes time for you to decide who you want, you’ll always be safe with me, Grace. And it kills me that anyone made you feel otherwise.”

“I want it to be you, too,” she blurted, and he could hear the tremble in her voice. Because here they were, six days into their friendship, admitting it might not be enough, that there might be something more brewing beneath the surface.

She chewed her bottom lip, and then her expression broke into the biggest, most beautiful smile he’d ever seen, and Jeremy knew he was in deeper than he’d ever meant to go. Yet he had no intention of swimming back to the surface.

“I’d give my right hand to kiss you right now,” he said, his voice low and hoarse.

I mean...come on! These two are the CUTEST. And what happens after this....WOW. Can we talk about phone sex for a second? It is almost always a bit awkward, especially the first time a couple does it, so it was nice to feel that awkwardness. Not only did that make me laugh, but it also made me want a cold shower. It felt REAL. AJ wrote, what I feel is, the hottest phone sex scene I have ever read. SO. SO. HOT.

Jeremy. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. I already liked his character from the previous books and of course we got to know him a lot better in Three Simple Words. I wasn't expecting him to be such a sweetheart, but he won me over very quickly and then jumped to the top of my book boyfriend list in no time. He is just the BEST! #Jeremyisbae

While this book is part of a series, it can be read as a standalone and I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worth the Wait.

November 9, 2016 – Shelved
November 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 5, 2017 – Started Reading
January 5, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
January 6, 2017 –
40.0% "Gah! I freaking love Jeremy!"
January 7, 2017 –
63.0% ""I want to know what it’s like to wake up with you in my arms, even if it’s only this one time.”\n\n*sigh*"
January 7, 2017 – Finished Reading