Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Barbarian's Hope

Barbarian's Hope by Ruby Dixon

liked it
bookshelves: bought, kindle-own-library, 3-stars

I really like this series. It’s fun! The double POV’s give it a certain flair adding to my enjoyment. It’s a pattern I have come to adore. The books carrie with them sexy hero’s, likable heroine’s, sweet, funny and sexy moments. I also adore the world Dixon has created and the strong cast of characters.

In Barbarian’s Hope we focus on Asha and Hemalo, both are blue aliens, whose relationship has fallen apart after the devastating loss of their baby. It focues on two people who love each other, drifted apart, but come back together after this tragic event.

Ash isn’t my favorite character, but it was nice to see her. At first she’s kinda a bitch, but as the series continues we get to learn and see more about her. As for Hemalo I liked him, but I felt we didn’t get to really know him, dig deep into his character. We learn things, but it didn’t feel as all consuming as privies titles and so, I ended up not having any really connection to these two. The main issue with both was the communication. They didn’t communicate, so it made them make choices and think things that aren’t really true.

As for my connection to the story. I think why I didn’t connect to this story was besides the POV’s of Asha and Hemalo, we also get a lot of Clair’s POV. Their was equally parts for all three characters and it was still nice to see a different view point, but it took away from the focusing on the main couple.

Barbarian’s Hope was an enjoyable read. Ice Planet Barbarians is one of my favorite Science Fiction Romance series to read. They are sexy and romantic. I recommend if you want to read this book that you start at the begging. The series is so much better in order.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barbarian's Hope.

November 8, 2016 – Shelved
November 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 20, 2018 – Started Reading
August 20, 2018 – Shelved as: bought
August 20, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-own-library
August 21, 2018 – Shelved as: 3-stars
August 21, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review angela!!😉💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review angela!!😉💖"

Thank you!!