tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Gaag, the Guerrilla Art Action Group, 1969-1976: A Selection

Gaag, the Guerrilla Art Action Group, 1969-1976 by Guerrilla Art Action Group

bookshelves: art, politics

How many political activists today even know that the Guerrilla Art Action Group even existed?! Not enuf, in my as-usual bombastic opinion. Of course, there's always the 'danger' that anything done in resistance to the ultra-conformist perpetual WAR-MACHINE of the US excuse-for-culture will be labeled by fatalists & shit-heads as "pointless" & "ineffectual" but, considering that what most of these so-called 'critics' do themselves is.. well, something so close to precariously NOTHING that we might just have to break out the mirror & check to see if they're still breathing (no point in checking if they're THINKING!), who gives a shit what diarrhea comes out of their mouths, eh? Keep on keepin' on. & that's exactly what GAAG did. These people ferociously gnawed away at the cultural vacuum time & time again. EG: on November 18, 1969 they performed a dramatic guerrilla action at the Museum of Modern Art to demand the disconnection between sd museum & the war-mongering Rockefellers. & that's just one example. Some people might think that such actions are just farts in the wind but I think they chip away at MAMMON one death-dealing image at a time & I commend them for it. Anarchists? GAAG might not've been anarchists but, still, reading about them is reading about a part of yr own history that might just prove to be more important than you think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gaag, the Guerrilla Art Action Group, 1969-1976.