Pearl Angeli's Reviews > Blow

Blow by Heidi McLaughlin

1.5 Star

So I've heard a lot of great things about Heidi McLaughlin and her previous rock star series and I admit that I really wanted to delve into those books prior to reading this. This is my first Heidi McLaughlin read. Sad to say, I was disappointed.

While Blow has an interesting premise about a rock star falling for an ordinary woman who helps him get over his drug addiction, this book was ruined by a lot of things. For once, both the male lead and the heroine were not likable enough for me to feel fascinated with their story.

There was an absolute insta-love insta-lust. All throughout the book all Bodhi McKnight and Kimberly Gordon ever did was lust after each other. I didn't really think that what they felt for each other was love at all. There were also scenes that kind of made me cringe. Tell you what, I am not against over-the-top sensual scenes but when (view spoiler).

I also wasn't sold on how Bodhi's drug addiction quickly faded. Drug addiction has never been an easy condition to be dealt with and to be easily treated. It may take more than 30 days for a person to completely be sober without thinking about going back to it and without experiencing some undesired symptoms all throughout the recovery process. So no, I wasn't convinced.

And oh, did I tell you that there was cheating involved here? Not that it was done willingly, but still, it was cheating. Ugh.

As a whole, I did not like this book. Things were just too unbelievable and unrealistic for me that I found myself having a hard time resisting the urge to groan in frustration.

(An ARC was provided to me by Loveswept Publishing and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.)

Pages of Pearl

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blow.

November 7, 2016 – Started Reading
November 7, 2016 – Shelved
November 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Amazing review, Pearl! I hate insta love and cheating, a lotttt, hope the next one is better. xoxo

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Super review, lovey. Sorry it didn't work for you. Hopefully your next one will be better x

Pearl Angeli Nicole wrote: "Amazing review, Pearl! I hate insta love and cheating, a lotttt, hope the next one is better. xoxo"

Ugh cheating makes me feel frustrated :(( thank you, Nicole! xx

Pearl Angeli Nicola wrote: "Super review, lovey. Sorry it didn't work for you. Hopefully your next one will be better x"

Thank you, Nicola! Crosses fingers to that. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Sorry this one was a dud sweetheart. xo

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ I hope the next one is better! :)

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle Wow.. Nicely said, Pearl. Sorry it was a dud :(

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Lawd, my patience in this book. So annoyed with everything about it. Wonderful honest review, sis! :)

Pearl Angeli Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Sorry this one was a dud sweetheart. xo"

Danielle wrote: "I hope the next one is better! :)"

Elle wrote: "Wow.. Nicely said, Pearl. Sorry it was a dud :("

Thank you, loves!

message 10: by Pearl (new) - rated it 1 star

Pearl Angeli Beatrice wrote: "Lawd, my patience in this book. So annoyed with everything about it. Wonderful honest review, sis! :)"

Thank you, sis! We need more patience with books like this :(

Aj the Ravenous Reader Yikes! I read the spoiler. haha! Still a great review though, Pearly. The book does seem have a lot of frustrating elements. I really admire your patience in finishing it. ;)

message 12: by Pearl (new) - rated it 1 star

Pearl Angeli Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Yikes! I read the spoiler. haha! Still a great review though, Pearly. The book does seem have a lot of frustrating elements. I really admire your patience in finishing it. ;)"

LOL, AJ. That spoiler is yikes. haha! Thank you, dear. It really did take a lot patience in finishing it!

Nicay │The Nerdy side of a Queen Ugh. The spoiler. And I agree to all the things that you said, Sis. Great review!

message 14: by Pearl (new) - rated it 1 star

Pearl Angeli Nicay │ The Nerdy side of a Queen wrote: "Ugh. The spoiler. And I agree to all the things that you said, Sis. Great review!"

The spoiler is yuck, sis haha! Thank you, sis! This book was so frustrating :(

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Great honest review, Pearl! Sorry it was a miss. Hope your next read is a winner :) xx

message 16: by Pearl (new) - rated it 1 star

Pearl Angeli Thank you, Anna :))

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great honest review, Pearl! ;)