Whoo Gives A Hoot's Reviews > Salvaged

Salvaged by Jay Crownover

bookshelves: 2017, 2017-recommendations

* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I must admit that I am extremely sad to see this series come to an end because I've spent the last five years with these characters between both the Marked Men & Saints of Denver series. But as they say...all good things must come to an end and what a perfectly perfect ending it was!

Ever since Jay first introduced her readers to the shy and timid Poppy Cruz in ROWDY I knew that I wanted to get to know this broken soul on a much deeper level because she truly deserved a happily ever after, especially following the events of her past two abusive relationships. This beautiful broken girl never thought that she deserved better then the previous men she had been with at least until she falls into the arms of Hudson Wheeler, a young man with his own demons. These two couldn't be more perfect for each other and I was so happy when I learned that they were getting to tell their story.

In ROWDY - Rowdy and Salem's story - we meet Poppy (Salem's sister) after she runs away from her abusive husband. She finally decided to escape and ran to the two people who have always had her best interest at heart. After being kidnapped and watching her husband blow his brains out in front of her she finds herself more lost then ever. As the series moves into the Saints of Denver we get to know Poppy even more as Sayer's roommate as she fights to step outside her comfort zone. Throughout BUILT we watch as she blossoms and even more in RIVETED when she's Dixie's neighbor. I loved watching her grow and when we finally got to this story I was more then ready to watch her fully repair her broken soul.

Over the past few years readers have witness brief encounters between Poppy and Wheeler, but it isn't until SALVAGED that we finally get to see the full story! A story that was full of twist and turns. A story that will stay with my heart for years to come. Truthfully as sad as I am to see these characters go, I know it was time and I know without a doubt that Poppy and Wheeler's story needed to be the final one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salvaged.

November 7, 2016 – Shelved