Aurora - Whoo Gives A Hoot's Reviews > Rome

Rome by Jay Crownover

bookshelves: re-reads

* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I think this is like the tenth time (possibly more) that I've read this story since it was first released, but I have yet to leave a review for this unbelievably amazing "enemies-to-lovers" romance, which is such a shame. So I decided to redeem myself and finally write a kick-a** review (at least I hope it is) because this story definitely deserves one!

Cora is a spunky little "spitfire" pixie (commonly referred to tink or tinker bell by the men at Marked) who refuses to take crap from anyone, while Rome is a warrior who finds himself suffering after leaving the war zone, a place he's spent the majority of his last ten years.

As much as I love all the men in the Marked Men series, Rome has been my favorite and has securely held on tight throughout the years. This book is so captivating and lovable that I continuously reread it whenever I am having a down day. I absolutely LOVE every single moment of Cora and Rome's story, from their fights to their makeups. These two may seem like an unlikely pair, but if you've read a Jay Crownover original then you know never to doubt her. While I adore all of the couples in the series, these two have the kind of story that you want to experience over an over again for the first time. Their romance is not only slow burning, but fast paced at the same time (if that makes any sense).

If you aren't looking for a story that pulls on all your heartstrings then this probably isn't the story for you. But seriously who doesn't love that? No one who's a fan of Jay Crownover that's for sure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rome.

November 7, 2016 – Shelved