Inkish Kingdoms's Reviews > The Hellbound Heart

The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

A classic and a milestone for horror films and the horror culture. Watching at the trailer of the movie, it makes me feel the creeps. This 80’s adaptation of Clive Barker’s master peace is just the beginning of a whole culture and a franchise that was shaped around a novella made to expose the darkest aspects of humanity. Clive Barker has been acclaimed by one of the most renowned horror writers: Stephen King. Watch the trailer, get comfy, and wait for the review of this dark novella.

I was assigned this book in a class, and they said “You read it! You like that king of weird things.” I didn’t get why they say that, but I took my Kindle and started looking at the sales they had for that month, and there it was Hellbound Heart ready and waiting for me, there like the Lemarchand’s box luring me and asking me to read its secrets and summon the Cenobites. Once I started the Kindle book, but it was not enough, I had to get the audiobook. BEST DECISION EVER! It scared the shxt out of me! The first time the Cenobites talked, I went nuts, and I had to stop the audiobook and the Kindle book and look for a chamomile tea.

The rest of my review in my blogs! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hellbound Heart.

November 7, 2016 – Started Reading
November 7, 2016 –
16.0% "This is sickening and I love it <3"
November 7, 2016 – Shelved