♥ WishfulMiss ♥ 's Reviews > Crazy Pucking Love

Crazy Pucking Love by Cindi Madsen

bookshelves: friends-to-lovers, books-i-loved-and-need-to-own, sports, hockey, arc

3.5 ~ "Just take my hand and follow me." ~ Stars

A chance meeting between hockey player Dane and math geek Megan set off sparks faster then either one expected. They hit it off immediately, only problem? Megan is his friend and team mate's little sister and completely off limits. Not trying to cause trouble and also trying to avoid unnecessary drama, Megan and Dane settle for friendship instead, but it's not long before good intentions burn up in the face of their attraction.

::: My Thoughts :::
Dane was really sweet when he wasn't beating himself up with guilt. When he was sweet, he said and did all the right things but man, as soon as he backtracked and jumped on the guilt/shame wagon, he would become Mr. Avoidance. He was so hot and cold with Megan, it became a little frustrating to read his POV because you already knew his happy wouldn't last long. It was like a shadow of misery enveloped him and Dane just welcomed that gloom and doom. Where was his alpha side to fight back? His instinct that yelled he wasn't gonna give up without a fight? Missing. M-I-freaking-A, that's where.

Megan was awesome, she was funny, smart, and even though she was dealing with her own past mistakes, I felt she always remained honest with herself. I loved that she was a friend first when it came to Dane. She always had his best interest at heart and supported him faithfully, even when he was being stubborn and acting like a major idiot. She wasn't a push over or a nagger, she definitely called him on his BS.

"You can't just act like an ass and then say, 'oh, I knew I'd be an asshole.' Just don't be one.

Just because she was willing to forgive Dane didn't mean she wouldn't say what she felt around him. I liked reading about a female MC that was loving and sweet but was also self confident and honest with herself, even when the truth hurts. Not only that but for a barely 18 year old college freshman, she was refreshingly mature for her age.

"Once in a while, you've got to take care of yourself in order to have anything to give."

This is a YA romance so there is a quiet a bit of drama, and it's long and drawn out drama. Its angsty and causes a lot of back and forth between Megan and Dane. It did get a bit frustrating because it felt like the characters would smarten up and learn from their mistakes only to have to revert back to old insecurities and doubts (I'm talking to you Dane! Lol) But the friendship and lasting love that forms between Megan and Dane made this a really enjoyable read.

It was hopeful and sweet and I never skimmed or stepped away. Read it from start to finish and really liked it. There is some hot smexy times only slight OW/OM drama. (view spoiler) No Cheating, and ends with a HFN.

*** ARC provided for an honest review ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Pucking Love.

November 7, 2016 – Started Reading