Kara's Reviews > Blood of a Werewolf

Blood of a Werewolf by T. Lynne Tolles

Jun 29, 2011

I was recently given a free copy of Blood of a Werewolf by T. Lynne Tolles and asked to read and give a review. I had never read YA Vampire / Werewolf books before and was slightly daunted because I have no interest in reading Twilight however I went into just like any other book, with an open mind.

I really enjoyed this book. It is the story of two sisters, Darby and Rowan, who come from a long line of witches but they have never really used their powers since their family was not interested in the world knowing who they were. These two sisters meet and connect with two Vampire brothers who are being pursued by a man who is seeking revenge on them for a decision their father made.

During the weeks these four people are connected there is love, trauma, many hospital visits, a few plane rides, and a lot of drama.

The story moves along at a brisk pace and never leaves you waiting for something to happen.

The author does a good job writing dialogue without it sounding forced. My only criticism would be when there is a conversation taking place that conversation in reality would only take three, maybe four, minutes but in the story it would be enough time for someone to drive from one location to another. This seemed a bit difficult to believe.

There were times during the novel where I had to remind myself that I was reading a book written for Young Adults. The story had some steamy parts that may not be suitable for a pre-teen or young teen but the rhythm and language were written for that set.

The ending leaves a major cliff hanger which would normally make me crazy but this is the first book in the Blood Series so I immediately turned on my wireless and downloaded book 2 for $2.99.

I would recommend this book for anyone 15 or older.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of a Werewolf.

June 29, 2011 – Started Reading
June 29, 2011 – Shelved
June 29, 2011 –
19.0% "I have to tell you that I am reading this book because I was given a free copy in exchange for a review. Having said that, so far I am hooked. I read 19% of it in one setting last night. It's a quick read and engaging thus far!"
June 30, 2011 –