Stanly Benson's Reviews > Gods and Warriors

Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver

Nov 06, 2016

** spoiler alert ** “The author keeps you starving for more action with impossible plot twists and turns. If you loved Rick Rioderns Percy Jackson series, then you’ll crave GODS AND WARRIORS.” _Stanly Benson.

The story takes place over three thousand years ago, before even the Greek gods were fully formed. It’s set in the Bronze Age; a time when people still ate raw meat and fish -occasionally cooking it if they had time, when Kronos and his brothers were still very much alive. What held my attention most was the fact that a thirteen year old child was plunged into the dealings of the gods -another pawn for them to show their supremacy over mortals.

There was never a dull moment throughout my time reading, my heart rate went up with apprehension. Several times I tried to guess the outcome of several impossible situations, yet, the author somehow created a loophole the saved the day. Twice the main character faced death, each time, I was certain of his death; yet he proved his resilience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gods and Warriors.

June 22, 2016 – Started Reading