Lola 's Reviews > See How They Run

See How They Run by Ally Carter

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, thriller, fast-paced

3.5 stars.

There is no denying that this is no ‘‘The Gallagher Girls.’’

The story isn’t the same, the characters aren’t the same, the pacing isn’t the same, and even the writing doesn’t quite read the same.

But if Ally Carter does something well, it’s create completely distinct storylines.

This is the sequel to ‘‘Embassy Row.’’ It picks up immediately after the ending of book one, after Ms. Chancellor’s revelation.

I’ll have to say I liked this a little more than the first book. Ally Carter really wrote a fast-paced story here. Because it was fast-paced, I read it almost in a single shot, despite some annoying scenes.

Although I didn’t think it possible, there is more drama than in the first book. It makes things very intense. Maybe this is why Grace seems to always be in a state of dementia sprinkled with lots of reckless behaviour.

But I was quite entertained by that, I must admit. I can criticize Grace all I want about being extremely immature, suicidal-almost and single-minded, but I’ve got to say it’s fun watching her fall into traps and getting herself in danger over and over again.

Though there still is romance in this book, it is much less prominent. Thank God, because Alexei is just not my cup of tea. What is happening? I loved the romance in ‘‘The Gallagher Girls,’’ and I know Ally Carter can do better. So why doesn’t she?

Not a perfect sequel, but a good one regardless.

Also, huge cliff-hanger. You’ve been warned.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See How They Run.

November 5, 2016 – Started Reading
November 6, 2016 – Shelved
November 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

JumbleofJargon I wish Gallagher Girls didn't end! This doesn't even compare =/.

message 2: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Awesome review :-)