Pearl Angeli's Reviews > Crazy Pucking Love

Crazy Pucking Love by Cindi Madsen

3 Stars

"I saw you, I wanted you, and I ignored everything else. I knew I was crossing a line I shouldn't, but crossing it felt so damn good."

Another potentially lovable NA sports romance that was well-written but unfortunately suffered a number of flaws.

We met Megan Davenport in Getting Lucky Number Seven as Beck's little sister who was quite a rebel that time. Now she is already a freshman at Boston College and is about to have an exciting college life with the help of her "Fresh Start Checklist" that contains all her goals. In a college drunken party, she meets a gorgeous guy named Dane Kowalski and sort of forms an instant friendship with him. She doesn't know that Dane is actually an ice hockey star and a co-player of her brother, which is quite a conflict since Beck is such a protective brother and she's already attracted with Dane. Plus, Dane seems to feel the same way, too.

You know what's the obvious similarity of this book to the previous books of this series? The characters, the storyline, the dramas.. same old same old. It's the repetitive idea by which the male lead carries heavier baggage, thus he cannot give his "all" to the heroine because he's not capable enough to give it. Ugh.

What's with these hockey men and their never ending issues?

Now onto the good side.

I still found this book swoon-worthy despite my complaints. I felt the strong connection shared by the characters as well as the angst. Both characters were okay. I thought Dane was such a hot mess but he was a sweet person with a soft heart nonetheless. The sexy scenes, on the other hand, were burning hawt. There was certainly a chemistry between Dane and Megan and for that, I was at least happy. You just have to prepare for that cheesy ending though.

All in all, it was an okay read. Just another typical college sports romance with cliché tropes such as friends-to-lovers and friends-with-benefits. I wasn't completely drawn but I think other readers may find this book enjoyable and may love it more than I did.

(An ARC was provided to me by Entangled: Embrace and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.)

Pages of Pearl

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Pucking Love.

November 6, 2016 – Started Reading
November 6, 2016 – Shelved
November 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Eve (Between The Bookends) Fab review! This one was a miss for me. I haven't read the others in the series though.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Great review Pearl <3

Pearl Angeli Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Fab review! This one was a miss for me. I haven't read the others in the series though."

Thank you, Eve! This was just an okay read though, as well as the previous books :-/

Pearl Angeli Jennifer wrote: "Great review Pearl <3"

Thank you, Jenn! xo

message 5: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Pearl! :)

message 6: by Elle (new)

Elle Nicely said, sweetie!! xx

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Great honest review hon :-) xo

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, Pearl. Sorry it didn't blow your socks off but at least you enjoyed it overall :D xoxo

Pearl Angeli Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Pearl! :)"

Elle wrote: "Nicely said, sweetie!! xx"

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Great honest review hon :-) xo"

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Terrific review, Pearl. Sorry it didn't blow your socks off but at least you enjoyed it overall :D xoxo"

Thank you, everyone! :) xoxoxo

message 10: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Awesome review :-)

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Lovely review, sis Pearl! :)

Pearl Angeli Aditi wrote: "Awesome review :-)"

Beatrice wrote: "Lovely review, sis Pearl! :)"

Thank you, Aditi and sis Bea! :))

Aj the Ravenous Reader At least you still found it to be an enjoyable read. Great review, Pearly. <3

Pearl Angeli Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "At least you still found it to be an enjoyable read. Great review, Pearly. <3"

Yes that's what matters most. AJ dear. Thank you! <3

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Fab review, Pearl! Glad you enjoyed it overall <3

Pearl Angeli Thank you, Anna! :) xoxo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Great review Pearl! = ) xx Glad you enjoyed overall.

Pearl Angeli Thank you, Sue! :) xx

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fantastic review, Pearl! ;)