Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two, Vol. 2

Injustice by Tom    Taylor

This series gives me a stomach ache in a good way. This intense storytelling. Superman has completely gone off the deep end and he's barely recognizable to those who love and respect him. Those who once counted Superman as friend and ally are having to choose which side to take. Superman has become a totalitarian who believes that the only solution is to control everyone and to suppress any dissent. Of course, Batman is not going to go along with that, and it has ended disastrously for the once friends and allies. Humans are rising up and taking their place in the fight, because it's their world too. They fight alongside the heroes who have chosen to go against Superman.

I have a huge love for Harley Quinn, so it was nice to see her show up and her relationship with Black Canary, finding common ground. Also, Zatanna shows up in this book. Another favorite DC heroine of mine. I liked seeing so many unlikely allies come together in the fight, but it's very painful to see the fall of enduring heroes in the DC Universe.

Injustice is huge and epic. One cannot read this series and not feel the foundations of the DC World shake under one's feet. When I finish these books, I still feel the tremors long after I put the book away.

Overall rating: 4.25/5.0 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Injustice.

November 5, 2016 – Started Reading
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: library-checkout
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: graphic-novel-comic-book
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: a-to-z-female-character-z

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike I'm catching up from the early days of The New 52 to Rebirth. I want to Read the Injustice: God Among Us series, too. Does it 'fit into' or 'spin off from' the main continuity at any particular time, or should I just pick it up when I feel like it?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Hi Mike. I'm sorry for the late reply. The Injustice series is a separate continuity. You can read it at any time.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike NP! Thanks for getting back to me. All of my reading has been slow and broken for the last few months.