Tanja Berg's Reviews > Frozen Charlotte

Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

bookshelves: horror

I bought this book un-researched, based on title and blurb alone. This doesn't happen very often, I usually check the goodread rating on pretty much any book before buying it. In this particular case though, I had forgotten my phone at home and couldn't.

I started reading the book immediately and was drawn in at once. The book had all the elements of an old-fashioned horror story: ouija board, spirit, evil dolls, old school house, deaths by accidents and untrustworthy friends. Perhaps not brilliantly original, but definintely delightfully put together.

Sophie arrives at her cousins' on the isle of Skye. They live in an old school house that was shut down after a multitude of accidents. One of Sophie's cousins, Rebecca, also died in an accident. Sophie is determined to find out more about why, but her cousins aren't exactly forth-coming. Piper seems friendly enough, but her brother Cameron is a gloomy sort with a ruined hand and equally ruined prospect of a career in music and little sister Lilias seems deeply disturbed. Their mother is in a mental hospital.

This is a quick and highly entertaining read that fulfilled all my expectations. Never trust appearances!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frozen Charlotte.

November 5, 2016 – Started Reading
November 5, 2016 – Shelved
November 5, 2016 – Shelved as: horror
November 5, 2016 –
page 70
20.47% "Very promising start!"
November 6, 2016 – Finished Reading