Avigail's Reviews > When Breath Becomes Air

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

I bought and read this book after fantastic recommendations from booktube I started the book and liked it; Paul Kalanithi had a very nice way to write, as well as to motivate you to live your life fully. I loved the fluent writing, even though some times the passage was long in my opinion.
This book made me cry, especially while reading the epilogue that Paul's wife wrote it.

Last year I read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch & Jeffrey Zaslow, both books had a lot of things in common. Both books are memoirs about young men that passed away from advanced cancer. Both authors left behind young wives and children. Even though the stories are different but at the same time very interesting.

The book is about is a tough subject at the same time is very touching, heartbreaking and one of the most "powerful tale of living with death".

Paul Kalanithi was a neurosurgeon that realized the importance of human connection. From this book I take two very strong and important quotes:
1. "...See what it is to still live, to profoundly influence the lives of others after you are gone, by your words."
2. "Human knowledge is never contained in one person. It grows from the relationships we create between each other and the world, and still it is never complete."

My thoughts after reading this book are live your life profoundly as it was your last day, because you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Breath Becomes Air.

September 1, 2016 – Started Reading