Kristina's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Karin Slaughter

Jun 28, 2011

bookshelves: brain-candy, fiction, nook-book, police-procedural

Karin Slaughter is my favorite go-to author for brain-candy police procedural reading. Her plots are fast-paced and interesting and her characters are so well-written. You may not like all of them and they may frustrate the hell out of you, but you are not bored by them. I have been waiting forever for this book to become available. I read it pretty much in 24 hours. It was so good. The plot is very good and kept me reading till 1 am this morning (despite the fact that I had to be up at 6am for work). It's a pretty good plot because I thought it was about one thing, but in fact it's about something else entirely and I didn't really suspect the twist until I got within 20 pages or so of the end. Her sub-plot of Will Trent and Sara Linton is what I enjoyed the most. I really like Will Trent. He is the most intriguing, complex, and frustrating character I've been interoduced to in a long time (aside from the Dragon Tattoo's Lisbeth Salander). I'm rooting for him to succeed and break free of that bitchy wife of his (she is TERRIBLE) and the destructive relationship they have. I like how the beginning romance between Sara and Will was written--so subtle, but important and moving. This is a great book; a very satisfying read. I'm definitely looking forward to her next novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.

June 28, 2011 – Started Reading