Andrea Heltsley's Reviews > Cursing Fate

Cursing Fate by Brenda Drake

bookshelves: arc-reviews, 2016-read

I was a bit disappointed that Astrid and Reese weren't in this book except for a few pages. I adored them so much in Touching Fate, the first installment in this series. Touching Fate was one of my favorite books of last year.

No worries, though! I quickly became entranced by the other members of Astrid's family. We get to spend more time with Iris, Violet, and Daisy. This book is dedicated to Iris and her story.

I felt so bad for Iris! She had her fate changed by the events unfolded when Astrid became a fate changer. She lost the love of her life, and was tortured by the events that unfolded and the mistrust Wade held.

Wade, le sigh. *Insert dreamy smile* He was so good and kind, and was heartbroken by the betrayal he felt from Iris. He had the whole sexy, wounded bad boy thing going for her. Wade wanted Iris and had such a hard time staying away.

The cursed in this book was great and the plot was well thought out. It seems those tarot cards cause lots of trouble, they won't leave the girls alone. The Van Buren curse is explained from another pov and we get more insight into how it all started.

Vengeful spirits, possession, lots of fate changing, and craziness fills this installment of the series. I loved every minute of the book up until the last sentence. We get more character development with Daisy and Violet too.

The end was not a cliffhanger, yet I am dying for more. I hope the author writes a book for both Violet and Daisy. I need more fate changing!

I highly recommend this series for all older young adults, and adults too. The author is brilliant and I can only hope for more in this fate changing family. This book earned every star I am giving it! Ten glitter stars!!!!!! (Because five just isn't enough!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cursing Fate.

November 4, 2016 – Shelved