Carrie's Reviews > The Christmas Challenge

The Christmas Challenge by Sinclair Jayne

bookshelves: netgalley

Tucker McTavish has returned to her hometown of Marietta, Montana just in time to help her twin sister plan her Christmas wedding. There's only one problem for Tucker, her sister plans to marry the man that Tucker thinks may be the one that got away for her. Tucker had a wild side back when she was dating him and managed to mess things up and push him away only for her sister to begin a relationship later.

Before confronting her sister and trying to put their differences aside Tucker decides to visit Miracle Lake hoping it brings her own miracle for the holiday. What Tucker finds is Laird Hunter who is hoping for his own miracle since he's traveled to Marietta hoping to find his birth family.

The Christmas Challenge is the third book in the Wilder Brothers series. It can be read as a standalone but being set in the small town of Marietta, Montana during the holiday season there is again mentions of other characters and events from the small town that is featured in quite a few series.

With the Christmas Challenge I won't hesitate to say that as usual with one of these lovely small town Christmas reads there was great writing and I did enjoy the relationship developing between Tucker and Laird. But my main concern with this one came as soon as I read that Tucker's twin sister is marrying Tucker's ex-boyfriend, that just seems like all kinds of wrong to make Tucker seem the bad sister in the story. Sure Tucker had her wild ways but what sister dates an ex....especially a twin?

Overall, 3.5 stars for this edition of the Wilder Brothers series. I still love the holiday Marietta books and the couples involved just found a bit of the back story in this one a tad weird for my tastes.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Challenge.

November 4, 2016 – Shelved
November 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
November 4, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 6, 2016 – Started Reading
November 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Sinclair (new)

Sinclair Jayne Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my book. I too love the small town Christmas stories and was so happy to have the opportunity to write one and link it with my Wilder series. I'm sorry you found the back story weird. Tucker had only gone out with Luke a couple of times five years ago and Tucker's twin Tanner didn't know until she and Luke were already an item. Thank you so much for your feedback.SJ