Jody's Reviews > Possession

Possession by Elana Johnson

liked it

So, this is scary to write a review about this book, because the author is my friend, neighbor, sister in the Gospel, and my HOME TEACHER (she and her husband together home teach us). When I review books on Goodreads, I just say what I feel about whether I liked it or not. When I read other reviews, I notice that people get all professional by using phrases such as "beautiful prose", "lyrical", and "the imagery was astounding." I think if you were to look at some of my reviews you would see that my comments are of a lesser sort. I can't give this five stars because I'm not especially fond of teen lit, the dystopian genre, or whatever we're calling all of this. It's just not my thing. But of course I wanted to read Elana's work! So, the angst. Let's just say that I much prefer to read historical fiction and realistic fiction. Tech. Mech. I just don't get into all that, but from time to time, I do try to broaden my horizons and stretch my mind a wee bit. I'll keep trying. The good news is that I actually finished the book. That says a LOT. I gave up on the vampires a loooooong time ago.

So, I just finished this book AGAIN. Last night. For a class. 11/09/2011. My review is about the same. I DID understand everything much better this time and did NOT remember very much from the first time I read it. More enjoyable the second time around!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possession.

Started Reading
June 28, 2011 – Shelved
June 28, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Raven This made me smile, Jody. I love your (constant) honesty.

Lauren What age would you reccomend?

Jody It has some language and kissing in it...but the author is my neighbor and served in my RS presidency and her husband is the EQ president and he is our home teacher...you'll have to decide.

Lauren Ok, thanks Mrs. Kyburz!

message 5: by Alisha (new) - added it

Alisha Would you say it's minor language?

Jody Oh the language, in terms of cussing, is EXTREMELY minor. Is that what you meant? The "d" word here, the "h" word there...nothing to worry about.

message 7: by Alisha (new) - added it

Alisha That's what I meant, thanks so much :)

Caylee Ward I though that this book was really good, and I wish I was her neighbor too!