Cheri's Reviews > Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff

Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff by Pappy Pariah

1994963

it was ok
bookshelves: audio, general-fiction

This is a hard book to review. On one hand, the writing itself - beautiful use of alliteration, the vocabulary, the pacing - was great. I found myself wanting to rewind several passages just because I loved the way they sounded.

But there was too much on the other hand to make it an enjoyable experience. I struggled to finish this two-hour long audio book. First and foremost is Sean Penn's narration. I expected to be swept up in the story right away. I mean, Penn is a world-class actor who wrote the book he's reading. Who could have done it better? Unfortunately, he mostly just droned on in a monotone that couldn't stop me from zoning out regularly.

The voice of the computer breaking in numerous times in each section to provide what amounted to info dumps - even if they were brief - was annoying, to say the least.

Overall, I didn't care a bit about what was going on and by the time we got to the parts about Drumph and the election, I was counting the minutes until the book was over.

But it's another book toward my 2019 goal and only two hours wasted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff.