Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)'s Reviews > In the Beginning: Dark Retellings of Biblical Tales

In the Beginning by Georgia McBride

Nov 03, 2016

liked it

This was an interesting read. I checked out the blurb and wasn’t sure if it was something for me or not, but I wanted to give it a go. I am glad I did as it was a very unique read, but I see it as more of a Marmite book (meaning that you’ll love it or hate it) and a lot of that may be based on the fact that it is based round a biblical nature.

Don’t let that hold you back. I am not a religious person at all, but I found the stories very interesting and they were written quite well. It is a unique take on the stories of faith and it really gives another perspective on the originals.

I felt the book, whilst written well and rather unique, was something that I enjoyed, but may not read over and over, as I might other books. It is a good first time read though and gives you something to think about, even if you hadn’t planned on it.

**I received this book for free and voluntarily provided my honest and unbiased opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Beginning.

Started Reading