Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)'s Reviews > Lessons in Gravity

Lessons in Gravity by Megan Westfield

Nov 03, 2016

This was a sweet book. It had a brilliant little romance to it, but it wasn’t overpowering, so you didn’t feel as though the whole book was just about their building romance. I like that. I know it isn’t for everyone and trust me I am a fan of Bam There’s Your Sex novels, but I also love ones where there is depth, personality and a real story.

This was a little bit of a funny one for me. I adored the fact that there was a main character, who happened to be a daredevil style climber, as I and my hubby are both climbers. It did mean that I had to take some of it with a pinch of salt, but all movies and books are that way. That aside, I found it fun to get to know the character Westfield had created. She did well to really get in the mind of a climber and it was fun to laugh, thinking about times we found ourselves in similar places.

I liked the leading lady as well. As photographers, I could connect with her and her need to make it big and really get out there. We spent years photographing extreme sports and there is nothing like the rush of being part of it, but I can imagine it must be a little scary to those who don’t partake in adrenaline sports, so it was brilliant to read about her.

The pace matched the book a lot. We were thrown into a whirlwind of excitement, between her rushing to get her job on Yosemite and the adrenaline of climbing, I found it very catchy and exciting. I thought this made the slower speed of the relationship advances even better, as it countered the pace of the rest of the book.

Overall a good little read. I would recommend it to those looking for a light love read, especially if you want to see in the mind a of fearless and exciting lead man.

** I received this book for free and voluntarily provided my honest and unbiased opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in Gravity.

Started Reading