Eve Messenger's Reviews > The Cutaway

The Cutaway by Christina Kovac

bookshelves: adult-mystery

The Cutaway is a fast-paced, engrossing mystery whose biggest strengths are its top-notch writing, a noble protagonist, and the many fascinating insights Kovac (a career journalist) shares about the world of television journalism.

The setting is Washington, D.C., known as "The District," the protagonist Virginia Knightly, a newswoman with a painful past and a near-photographic memory. When a young female lawyer goes missing, Virginia vaguely recalls cutaway footage of the woman from years before. As Virginia pursues the story on this missing person investigation and uncovers why the elusive footage is important, she enters dangerous territory, both professionally and personally. But Virginia is not a woman to be trifled with--if anyone can compile a top news story while maintaining her integrity, Virginia will.

Though I guessed the villain’s identity a little earlier than I’d hoped I would, overall, the plot was suspenseful and solidly constructed. I'm definitely open to reading more books by Christina Kovac, and I predict The Cutaway will do well when it comes out in March 2017.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cutaway.

November 3, 2016 – Started Reading