Julie's Reviews > To Move the World

To Move the World by Regina Sirois

To Move the World by Regina Sirois is a wonderful addition to the Power of the Matchmaker series. Set in Yorkshire, England at the cusp of World War II, Ms Sirois takes our matchmaker's skills to a time and place not yet visited in this series. This setting provides the perfect backdrop for Eve Brannon's story that she relates to us through her typed journal entries.

It's 1939 and Eve Brannon believes she has her whole life mapped out before her. She will marry Alan and together they will continue running her family's sheep farm. However, life has a way of throwing a curve everytime you think you know where your life is headed (well it does for me at least!) and such is the case with Eve. With the war looming, Alan leaves the farm to join the Royal Army and within weeks of his departure their flock of sheep begins to fall ill to some unknown illness. Maybe the ground beneath her feet isn't as solid as she had thought.

While it took me a little while to truly become engaged in the story, once I did I didn't want to put the book down. The time period is surrounded with such nostalgia I couldn't help but be swept away. Though our sweet matchmaker, Pearl, wasn't named in this book, she was true to form and played her part perfectly. I love that little woman! I was impressed with how well the supporting characters were developed - even Jonathon's parents, Mr and Mrs Doran, were real to me (and we never actually meet Mr Doran!)

A lovely story all around.

FYI~ clean read
Honest disclosure~ I received a review copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Move the World.

October 28, 2016 – Started Reading