Bonnie's Reviews > The Renfield Syndrome

The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare

Jun 27, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, owned-ebook, adult, z-2011
Read from August 23 to 25, 2011

“Vampires, and werewolves, and demons, oh my”….. INDEED.

Highly recommended that you read book number one, ‘Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between’ prior to reading this book or my review. You have been warned! :)

The Renfield Syndrome picks right up from the cliffhanger that ‘Dead, Undead, and Somewhere in Between’ left us all with. But all is not right in Kansas, oh no. Rhiannon is now 101 years in the future after making a deal with the demon Zagan in order for him to forgive his deal with her vampire lover Disco. In a nutshell? The world 101 years in the future is one insane crazy ass place where all kinds of creepy crawlies have decided to come out and play… and they’re not limited to just the nighttime. Rhiannon has to find Disco in order to fulfill her debt to Zagan and she only has a limited amount of time in which to do this.

This book was one wild rollercoaster ride. It seemed like every other page Rhiannon was kicking someone else’s ass… and it was great! She’s evolved into one serious badass chick. I thought ‘Dead, Undead, and Somewhere in Between’ was awesome; ‘The Renfield Syndrome’ was the perfect continuation to a great story. Fortunately for my sanity, the ending to this book wasn’t as huge a cliffhanger as much as the first one was; however, it still managed to leave you wanting more.

As other readers have stated, it’s pretty damn near impossible to really talk about the book without revealing anything that’s vital to the story. Honestly, the majority of the book needs to be experienced first-hand so I don’t want to ruin it for everyone. So what are you waiting for, go pick this one up… you won’t be disappointed.

Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Renfield Syndrome.

08/23/2011
1.0% "And I'm FINALLY starting this! When I got home and got all prepped for reading, everything that could possibly go wrong and crazy of course did. *sigh*"
08/24/2011
12.0% "'Homeboy just got a shock. He didn't expect the damsel in distress to have a pair of balls.'"
08/24/2011
32.0% "Ch. 7 - Holy crap. This is one crazy ass place."
show 1 hidden update…

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead So you got it, you reading it?

Bonnie *grumble* No.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

nono grumbles!

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

nono grumbles!"

I think publishing lady forgot all about me.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

oh no.

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

oh no."

And I don't wanna be all pestering her... again. So I'll wait. *sigh*

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

oh no..."

go pester! pester, pester!

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

nono grumbles!"

I think publishing lady forgot al..."

lol you think so? I mean I guess the worst she could say is no. But that would be bad. hahaha

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "*grumble* No."

nono grumbles..."

If she says no, it is on Amazon for the Kindle!

Bonnie Yeah I saw that this morning... just really can't buy books right now. lol I sent her an e-mail so we'll see what happens. And it's a slow day at work so it would be PERFECT to have it... like now.
Oh well. I'll read Necromancer. And try not to think of this book. hahaha

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Yeah I saw that this morning... just really can't buy books right now. lol I sent her an e-mail so we'll see what happens. And it's a slow day at work so it would be PERFECT to have it... like now...."

At least you have an excellent substitute book with Necromancer!

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Yeah I saw that this morning... just really can't buy books right now. lol I sent her an e-mail so we'll see what happens. And it's a slow day at work so it would be PERFECT to have ..."

This is true. :)

Bonnie Well she never wrote me back. Mean lady. *sigh*

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Well she never wrote me back. Mean lady. *sigh*"

hmmm.. we'll you never know... maybe...

Bonnie Michelle!! You didn't have to do that... you're such a good friend. Thank you so much though.
I'm gonna go cry now. And read. Maybe read and then cry. :D

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle!! You didn't have to do that... you're such a good friend. Thank you so much though.
I'm gonna go cry now. And read. Maybe read and then cry. :D"

I hope you enjoy it. :)

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle!! You didn't have to do that... you're such a good friend. Thank you so much though.
I'm gonna go cry now. And read. Maybe read and then cry. :D"

I hope you enjoy it. :)"

:D I'm so excited!!!

message 18: by Say (new)

Say how are you finding this? is it good?

Bonnie Say wrote: "how are you finding this? is it good?"

It is!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead hmmm.. it must be either really good for you or really bad, you are so quiet (or god forbid, too busy for goodreads).

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "hmmm.. it must be either really good for you or really bad, you are so quiet (or god forbid, too busy for goodreads)."

Oh no, it's great. Just too damn busy. lol I think I should be able to finish it tonight though! :D

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "hmmm.. it must be either really good for you or really bad, you are so quiet (or god forbid, too busy for goodreads)."

Oh no, it's great. Just too damn bus..."

oh good. I can't wait to see what you think!