Lindsay Paige's Reviews > Tangled

Tangled by Erica O'Rourke

Jun 27, 2011

bookshelves: own
Read from April 05 to 12, 2012

Title Thoughts: I love how it fits so well on so many different levels.
Cover Thoughts: I'm not too crazy about this cover. It seems so different from the first.

I must admit that this book didn't suck me in as well as the first. Maybe I'm comparing the two too much, but I can't help it. It took me until about half wave through to get hooked. Part of it could have been that I loved the first one so much and my expectations were through the roof.

Nevertheless, this book still won me over. I love these characters so much. Even though at times they annoyed me, the writer's ability to make me feel that in combination with love for them, I couldn't help but love this book. I will be patiently awaiting the third.

As I said, sometimes the characters annoyed me. I felt as if some parts were repetitive with Mo's situation between Colin and Luc. It was completely understandable though, which is why it didn't bother me too much. O'Rourke has this amazing talent and I can not wait to see what else she does with it. Torn is one of my favorite books. It left me with an incredible high afterwards and Tangled left me with a giddy feeling.

I love how O'Rourke has me rooting for both Luc and Colin. However, it would be unjust to say that I didn't have a preference. Each boy has their own traits that make me like them, but Luc stole my heart in the very beginning. O'Rourke has created a character that has a magical way about him, no pun intended. There is something so fascinating about Luc and so wonderful. For me, we see a more vulnerable side to Luc. Luc is a person I wouldn't mind exploring myself. Just for him, I wish I could take a few steps in Mo's shoes.

Addict's Last Words: Tangled is a great follow-up to Torn. It has it's up and downs, but left me feeling giddy. An overall great book.

To Buy or To Borrow: You got to buy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled.

04/05/2012 page 20
04/12/2012 page 212
68.0% "I love these characters!"
show 2 hidden updates…