Rachael's Reviews > The Ghosts of Moonlight Creek

The Ghosts of Moonlight Creek by Sue Copsey

I so enjoyed returning to these characters - and Sue Cospey's beautiful writing - and their new adventure is a doozy. Set in picturesque Otago, the gold-rush ghost town 'Moonlight' captured my immediate interest. The local history is well researched and this spine-tingling tale is perfectly set crossing the spectrum of old timey tales and Hollywood dazzle.

Joe, Ed, Becky & Anastasia are invited by Anastasia's super famous movie director dad to visit the set of 'Dragonlord Rising' in Queenstown where spooky mishaps and ghostly misadventures have hampered the shooting schedule. Fresh from surviving the eruption of Mt Tarawera, Joe's ghost sensing abilities are employed to get to the bottom of the problems on set. I just loved this angle. All the behind the scenes movie stuff is so much fun and mixed with the historical intrigue of the gold rush, the plot kept my attention from beginning to end. There are signs from the beyond, warnings, disasters, a treasure-hunt with clues and sneaky bad-guys begging for just desserts.

Anastasia's father quips he should make a film called "The Ghosts of Moonlight Creek" and I couldn't agree more. This story, like The Ghosts of Tarawera would be perfect for a big screen family movie, with engaging and entertaining characters, action-adventure and a story full of heart. I loved it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghosts of Moonlight Creek.

November 1, 2016 – Started Reading
November 1, 2016 – Shelved
November 1, 2016 –
0.0% "I'm excited!"
November 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Thanks for this lovely review Rachael. You'd make the perfect Jennifer!