Chanpreet's Reviews > Notorious Pleasures

Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt

Jun 27, 2011

Read in June, 2011

This is the second book in the Maiden Lane Series, and I've got to say it's getting more and more interesting. I loved reading about Lady Hero and Lord Griffin Reading. There were also snippets with Lady Phoebe, Lady Hero's younger sister that were intriguing due to her medical condition. Winter, Temperance and Silence's brother, and of course Silence and Mickey, and the Ghost of St.Giles are also mentioned. I'm beginning to wonder when the Duke will get his own book.

I love how instead of it being all lovey dovey, there are real issues that were prevalent at the time that are focused upon. Elizabeth Hoyt has done a great job at bringing them to the forefront in her Maiden Lane books. This historical accuracy adds another layer to the drama and suspense that is going on in the book.

The relationship between Lady Hero and Lord Reading is quite hot, and you can't help but feel for them as they have to deal with the issues keeping them apart. It was nice to see Lord Reading's older brother, a Marquess, having his own little side story, although he turned out to be not quite the gentleman he was supposed to be.

Silence's book is next, and I am really looking forward to getting my hand on it in November and reading it!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious Pleasures.