Nicole Latchana's Reviews > [threads]

[threads] by Jivan Ward

18 stories, all different but all relevant and relatable, to an eerily accurate degree, to now. Finding a subtle affinity in all the stories disturbed, comforted, amused, satisfied and shocked me. Perhaps I related to each of the stories because they are current global issues/themes. But maybe it’s deeper, maybe there is a bit of each story that makes up a part of who I am as a result of this culture or just from being a human being. Maybe I don’t recognise these stories just because I’ve read similar ones online, but because each one of these stories is a part of my psyche somehow… I am now at risk of sounding a little bit like ‘Jeremyohmyah’ if I keep going on this train of thought so I shall stop.

All the stories are gripping in different ways, the characters, the themes, the writing style, each made more interesting by the form it is delivered by: Videos, blog posts, product reviews est. with all their differences they are all totally believable and often forgot I was reading fictional stories.

This can only be the work of a very talented writer!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read [threads].

Finished Reading