Rosie Penaflor's Reviews > Locust House

Locust House by Adam Gnade

U 50x66

Where do I even begin? I sat on this review for the last two days now. I seriously could not form words, but I knew there was something I needed to say about it. Adam Gnade’s books are a fucking treasure. Like Caveworld, Gnade has the ability to connect to his reader’s unlike any other author I’ve come across. It’s gritty, it’s weird, and somehow when I was reading I was taken back to my own crazy, stupid thoughts that I never imagined would ever connect to another person. But they did in Locust House. It’s not a story, it’s an experience. There’s that thud, that pulse, that you feel when you’re at a concert, just when it starts. In the second where you don’t know what song the band will play, but you hope to god it’s your favorite one. And it plays your perfect song, and you get that high, and when your favorite line plays and suddenly everything is in place.

It reminded of the times where I thought I was a rebel. Maybe because I was being stupid, and I didn’t recognize real rebellion until I read Locust House. It’s takes you back, to all those moments you want to live again. And in the subtlety of the pages, Gnade will take you there. If only for a few hours of reading it.

Locust House is sober. It brings all clarity to my smoked out thoughts I had as a teenager. #AdamGnade

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locust House.

Finished Reading